Tuesday, March 20, 2007

YouTubesday: Look Out! Muppets!

This week's YouTubesday post is going to be a bit smaller than normal. I had a busy weekend and I am in the middle of moving so I do not have the time to dedicate to making this as awesome as it could be, however I HAVE to share a couple of these videos I have found. Let's get to it, shall we?

Look out! Muppets!
aka. Puppets can be bastards too.



I have very fond memories of many of the characters from the show. One of my favorites, who made a reappearance in my life in colleg, was the Swedish Chef. Here he is dealing with a chicken:



That seems to have not worked out so well for him. Perhaps he will have better luck with a lobster:



Then again maybe not. Better try something more passive like a cake:



Perhaps it is best if we just move on. Poor Chef. For what appeared, on the surface, to be a show aimed at children, the Muppet Show was remarkably adept at mocking pop culture. For example we have Beaker singing that old classic "Feelings":



Then there was this meeting of the, well, you better just watch:



The Muppet Show was not only aware of pop culture, but it has ingrained itself into pop culture with this:



And then there were my favorites, Statler and Waldorf:



Finally technology has reached the point where people can, in the words of comic geekdom, rape my childhood:



Have you no decency!! (That was pretty funny though.)



I hope you enjoyed this little stroll down memory lane. Now tune in next week as we explore the wonderful world of Asian advertising! Till then keep it real.

No comments: