Monday, July 16, 2007

Guess What Kids?

This weekend I completed my open water dives and I am now a PADI certified open water diver! SCUBA diving is something I have wanted to do since I was knee-high to a grasshopper. This was actually part of a larger fascination with marine biology in general. I spent much of my childhood torn between the desire to be a marine biologist (inspired by Jacques Cousteau), a paleontologist (inspired by my frequent finds of fossils on my grandparents land), or an astronaut (because what kid doesn't want to be one at one time or another?)

Anyways I just thought I would let you kids know that I was done and plan on returning to a more normal blogging schedule this week as I try to clean up my desk and figure out how I can fit everything I want to do in to the remnants of the summer. I cannot believe we're over half way done with this year. It does not feel like my visit to Scotland was over six months ago!

See you tomorrow with a proper DCI edition of YouTubesday.

No comments: