Thursday, May 17, 2007

Train Drunkeness

I have learned two very important things in the past 24 hours:

  1. While taking the train home after some serious drinking might seem like a good idea, being cheap and all, it might not be the best plan. Besides the six-block stagger I have after I get off at my station, there is the fact that the movement of the train can be quite comforting when one is four sheets to the wind. I almost fell asleep between the bar and my stop.
  2. When nursing the sort of hangover that only a night of heroic drinking which involved more than one round of tequila shots can deliver, what was once a nice rhythm that almost lulled you to sleep a mere five or so hours earlier is the Devil. Riding the train while very hungover is a special kind of hell.

No comments: