Tuesday, July 11, 2006

The Opiate - One Year Later

Well my fine feathered friends after 149,000 words and 282 posts we find ourselves here on the Opiate of the Masses exactly one year after this madness began with this remarkably poorly written review of Barry Eisler’s Killing Rain. Here is what I wrote when I first designed this blog:

In the end I hope this will be a narrative of my life. At times this means I will have to share a book or movie review, and at other times portions of my current writing project. However, usually this will be my marginally witty observations on life and stories of the jack-assery I engage in in an attempt to keep myself and my compatriots entertained.

Looking back through the posts it appears as though I kept my promise. The Opiate may be a little light on the writing project side of things however I think I have more than made up for it by throwing in some reactionary poliblogging and letting the comics blogging get out of hand.

Here is where the normal person shares some of their favorite posts from the past year. I started on this and then realized that I don’t really want to do a year in review post. I would rather look forward to some of the changes I am going to make around here. The biggest change is that I have created a del.icio.us account and will be using this to tag and categorize all the posts I make here. You can find it here. Additionally I am playing around with the title display here on the Opiate in an attempt to get some more color going on here. Please let me know what you think.

Above and beyond that I just want to say that I appreciate every one of you that reads the Opiate. I really enjoy writing bits and pieces for you guys to read. Thanks for a great year!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

so funny (to me). i just put that picture of the orange flowers from wimberley in my scrapbook last weekend. (those are flowers, right?)
anyway, i like the new style.