Tuesday, January 08, 2008

The List Just Keeps Growing

Last week I listed all of the books I currently own which are in the "To Be Read" pile as well as a few of the books I expect to be picking up along the way. Over the last few days this list has grown with the addition of Marc Acito's sophomore novel Attack of the Theater People which comes out on April 15th. I REALLY enjoyed his first novel, How I Paid For College, as you can see in this review I wrote back in 2005. In addition to this book I forgot to list Courage on Little Round Top by Thomas Eishen who I met at the Liendo Plantation Civil War Weekend this past November and the entire collection of Babylon 5 scripts written by J. Michael Straczynski. This is a 15-volume set which has been sporadically published since 2005. They are hoping to complete publishing them this year so I really need to get on the ball and start buying them however the $40 price tag for each volume is a little tough to swallow. I plan to start buying them at the rate of two per month so I can get caught up right about the time they are publishing the final volume. Phew that is a lot of reading to get done! All of this stacked on top of my desire to get back in to reading some serious science fiction this year means I should declare 2008 the year of the book.

No comments: