Tuesday, August 15, 2006

Damn You Webshots!

(Imagine me shaking my Ineffectual Fist of Rage™ while saying that.)

So in my post about my not quite 24 hours in Birmingham I mentioned that some of the pictures in my Webshots galleries are not going to be properly oriented. After a few different variations on de/reinstalling the Webshots Desktop software I finally broke down and started searching the Webshots help pages for an answer. I found nothing and thus was forced to send an email to their support department to which I received the following reply:

There is currently a bug in the software that is not allowing rotating images. Our engineers are working on a fix for this. We apologize for the inconvenience.

WTF? Seriously do you think you’re Microsoft or something? The ability to rotate images seems like a pretty frickin’ important thing to me. Above and beyond that, though, is the fact that I could not find a notice anywhere on the site that indicated this was a known fault they are working to correct.

No comments: