Thursday, August 24, 2006

Homework - Part the First

So while I was watching Rome for the second time I noticed that one of the characters, Titus Pullo, uses the word garrae twice. Both times it appears to be an explitive of some kind. I did not recognize the word, in fact the first time he said it I thought he said, "Go on" however when I consulted the subtitles I found I was wrong. Since the majority of the cast is British I thought it might be one of their quaint curse words, however Scott assures me he does not recognize the word, and if there's a bad word in the King's English, that boy would know it. Then I searched my meager memory of Latin as well as consulted a few dictionaries and I was unable to find the word. Anyone out there have any idea as to what it means? Is it even a real word or is it something the writers made up, like frack in Battlestar Galactica?

Tags: TV, MyWord, Words

No comments: