Monday, October 31, 2005

Jack-O-Lanterns!

A couple of weekends ago some freinds had a pumpkin carving party. In honor of everyone's favorite holiday, I thought I would share the fruits of my labor.


This was the first pumpkin I had carved in years, and you can kind of tell. A bunch of the people there were using those stencil things, and their pumpkins came out looking great, however it kind of looses something for me when it is not freehand.


Here he is, all lit up and scary and stuff. Wooooo! (That's a scary noise!)

I brought two pumpkins since I was expecting to mess at least one of my pumpkins up. Since the first one came out so well, I decided to try something humorous with the second. It didn't turn out as well as I had hoped, but there he is, lurking in the upper left corner with the bottle in his mouth.

Wow, this picture is a lot smaller than I thought! Anyway, the idea was to have a drunken pumpkin, but the eyes didn't come out right. Oh well, maybe I will get it right next year when I try to do a Jack Skellington pumpkin!

I hope you guys had a Happy Halloween!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dude, the drunken one minus the bottle = Cartman the pumpkin.

XD

And your scary one looks seven kinds of wicked lit up.

~TamiJean

P.S. ...uh...the verification image is broken. Right. I'll try typing an X in. It may not be red, but that's what I see. Ha! Didn't work, but at least the refresh gave me an image.

James said...

Jackpot! You totally saw what I was going for. I love you!

Anonymous said...

You are a pumpkin artist, my friend. an ARTIST. AR-TEEST.

*giggles*

~TamiJean

Anonymous said...

Hey that really small pumpkin is mine. And yes, I'm really lazy that way!