Saturday, July 30, 2005

BEHOLD! The Power of Blog!

Holy crap! I got fan mail! I'm giddy like a schoolboy and now I am going to share it with all of you!

"Your blogs have changed my life. Now all I can think about is Rachel doing a midget..."

Joe M., The Woodlands, TX

One, it is always cool to get a shout-out from your hometown. Go Highlanders!

Two, I changed somebody's life! How cool is that? I have changed diapers before, and a tire or two, and I changed underpants this morning before work, but I have never changed a life before. And all through the power of blogging. It is enough to bring a tear to my eye.

Three, the second sentence is a little freaky Joe. Thanks for sharing with the class, dragging one of the sacred cows of my young life down to earth, and sticking us all with the same image. As I suggested in my email to you, viewing the Italian version of Snow White and the Seven Dwarves would replace any images of Rachel with a midget that are lurking in your head. There are seven midgets (I think they all may be dwarves, technically) and there is a girl. It's European. Are you getting the picture yet? All the dwarves are wearing little red hats. How 'bout now? There is nakedness involved.

Clearly Joe needs some help, and I am glad I am here to help him work though his midget issues. I never considered the therapeutic effect blogging could have on the readers. I am glad my insanity is helping the world become a better place.

(Seriously, thanks for dropping me the line, Joe. It is really nice to know that people outside my immediate sphere of influence are reading and enjoying what I do here. Thank you.)

No comments: