Sunday, February 17, 2008

Artsy Fartsy

Today I met up with a couple of friends and hit the MFAH (Museum of Fine Arts Houston) to check out the exhibition of Suh Se-ok's ink paintings.


In the past I would have said I generally dislike abstract art, and for the most part that holds true, however as I grow older I find myself able to appreciate it more and more. I find it particularly enjoyable when it is abstract work being done with very traditional materials or using traditional techniques. Otherwise it is just those damn kids with their damned internal plumbing and fancy computer imaging.

I really enjoyed the exhibition and I am looking forward to the exhibition of Korean art at the museum. I wish they would have put together a catalog for the exhibition, even if the exhibition was only 29 works.

I am REALLY looking forward to the upcoming Pompeii: Tales from an Eruption exhibition which begins next month.

No comments: