Wednesday, January 11, 2006

I HEART Google Ads

I love Google ads. Seriously. Most advertising pisses me off, but the content-based nature of Google ads makes for some funny results. For example, as I was emptying the spam folder on one of my gmail accounts, I noticed the following:


Notice what I highlighted in yellow.

SPAM Breakfast Burritos. Just what all the kids are clamoring for these days.

SPAM has a special place in my heart as that was my nickname in band in college. I will save the story of how I was given that peculiar nom de tuba for another day, but my RA found out about it my freshman year, and I am certain there are people in the dorm who only know me as SPAM.

For the interested the recipe for SPAM Breakfast Burritos is:
  • 1 can SPAM Luncheon Meat, cubed (12 oz.)
  • 4 Eggs
  • 2 tablespoons Milk
  • 1 tablespoon Butter or Margarine
  • 6 Flour tortillas (6”)
  • 1 cup Shredded Cheddar Cheese, divided
  • 1 cup Shredded Monterey Jack Cheese, divided
  • Salsa
  1. Heat oven to 400F.
  2. In bowl, beat together SPAM, eggs, and milk.
  3. Melt butter in large skillet; add egg mixture.
  4. Cook, stirring, to desired doneness.
  5. Fill each tortilla with SPAM mixture and half of cheeses.
  6. Roll burrito; place seem side down on 12x8” baking dish.
  7. Sprinkle remaining cheese over top of burritos.
  8. Bake 5-10 minutes until cheese is melted.
  9. Serve with salsa.

I may have to try this sometime this week. I like SPAM, eggs, cheeses, tortillas, and salsa, so this may, in fact, be an almost perfect food. I will let you know how it goes.

2 comments:

Scott said...

If you like, the P-Monkey can give you a recipe for Spam Etouffe. Not exactly Lobster Thermadore and Spam, but I hear it's pretty good.

Anonymous said...

gross.


:)