Sunday, November 20, 2005

Arch

In the summer of 2002 I took a road trip to St. Louis with my friend Nikki so we could visit her family for the Fourth of July festivities. St. Louis is a pretty cool town and Nikki has a pretty cool family. For the actual Fourth of July we went to the festival at the Jefferson National Expansion Memorial, where I took the following:


I really don’t know what to say about this picture. I love the way the metal arch cuts through the blue-white sky. If you are looking at the picture thinking it is sideways, you are sorely mistaken. The seams in the arch run parallel to the ground at this point.

This picture was actually taken with one of those Kodak disposable cameras with ISO 800 film. To take this photo I placed the camera against the arch at a slight angle to the ground at about my eye-height (68”).

No comments: