Friday, November 18, 2005

Superman Returns

So the Superman Returns teaser is out.

The pictures.

The music.

Marlon Brando’s voice.

"They could be a great people Kal-El.
They wish to be.

They only lack the light to show the way.
For this reason above all; this capacity for good. I have sent them you.
My only son.”

OMFG.

Let me say that again.

OMFG.

Its not like I was going to miss this movie, after what Bryan Singer was able to do in The Usual Suspects and with X-Men and X2, and he has Kevin Spacey as Lex Luthor, but I had heard some rather worrisome rumors about how things were shaping up and I had my doubts about Brandon Routh.

I still do, but damn, this trailer hits all the right notes for me.

(For those of you who think Brandon Routh doesn't look the part.)

A brief side note, in the Newsarama thread about this some wisenheimer posted, “I especially like the part where Neo is way up in the clouds, and then shoots down…” The poster was clearly being funny, but it reminded me how I thought, “I especially like the part where Superman is way up in the clouds, and then shoots down…” when I saw the appropriate installment of The Matrix. I wonder how many kids will find some of the Superman mythos derivative from the Matrix. Although as I type that it occurred to me that if you have seen the Matrix films you are probably aware of Superman.

I am so ready for this movie.

Why for must you taunt me so Brothers Warner?

No comments: