Tuesday, December 27, 2005

One Panel is Worth a Thousand Words

I am sure most of you have a CD or two in your collection that you bought for that one song. How else am I to explain the fact that I own CDs like Scandalous by Scandal featuring Patty Smyth or The Best of Toni Basil: Mickey and Other Love Songs (happiness is knowing that, should my nation need me, I stand ready to drive some crappy central american dictator out of hiding by looping Mickey in both English and Spanish.) Well my freinds, I have discovered a new low to this type of purchasing. As much as it pains me to admit it, a couple of weeks ago I purchased a comic because of a single panel in the issue. Not even a whole page, but a single panel, roughly one-ninth of a page.

This panel comes from page 5 of the GLX-Mas Special which features the Great Lakes Avengers (or here) in several holiday-themed tales written by Dan Slott.

Damn you, Dan Slott and damn you Tom Brevoort.

I haven't purchased a Christmas special in years! In fact, unlike Chris of the incomperable Invincible Super Blog, I have a special loathing for holiday issues and all of the schmaltz they bring.

Although a squirrel to the face of some freaky super-villain from the '60s is always a good way to start the holidays.

No comments: