Sunday, December 11, 2005

Windows at Kenilworth

I took this picture during my first trip to the UK. It was a business trip, but fortunately we were able to spend a couple of days doing tourist-y things. The first Saturday we went to Warwick Castle (where I took the previously posted Avon Bridge photograph), traditional seat of the Earls of Warwick and a fully restored castle now being run by the Tussauds Group, in the morning and then after a lunch of fish and chips (I love me some fish and chips and if someone would open a good ship shop in Houston I would probably eat there once a week) we went to Kenilworth Castle. In contrast to the corporate environment of Warwick Castle, Kenilworth is a ruin managed by the English Heritage.

It was an absolutely perfect fall day with a pretty clear sky and as the day wore on towards evening the light started to take on this ethereal feeling that only enhanced the majesty of the red sandstone ruins. It is a beautiful place that I would like to spend more time photographing and getting to know.


This picture was taken on 800 ISO Kodak film stock with my Vivitar 220SL camera with a 135mm 1:2.8 lens also from Vivitar.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

love it. it's hanging on my wall.
:)